Higher Expectations, Raising Aspirations
Welcome to Clacton County High School. We are an inclusive 11-19 comprehensive school that sits in the heart of our community and we are all incredibly proud of our achievements.
We believe that our students have an entitlement to a first class education and we provide them with the opportunities they need to excel. In return we expect them to work hard and respect and value others.
Our aim is to create the right environment where each student is able to maximise their potential to become a confident, independent and successful adult. We recognise that each student has individual strengths, needs and ambitions and we have the highest expectations.
The School is committed to:
• The safeguarding of all students in its care.
• An orderly and stimulating learning environment with high standards and clear expectations.
• Quick, decisive action to support all students with any issues.
• Providing a broad, balanced curriculum, with work that is both challenging and appropriate.
• Providing outstanding lessons and incentives to do well, leading to outstanding learning and progress.
• Involving students with their own educational progress and providing regular information to both students and parents.
Beyond the curriculum, we also provide a diverse range of extra-curricular activities. We endeavour to ensure that there is something to suit the interests and abilities of all students. Clubs include: sports, drama, science, running a radio station, art and debating, but there are many, many more.
CCHS students are compassionate and care about their community. Every year through their efforts we are able to raise thousands of pounds and students select the charities they wish to support. We are extremely proud of our students, who supported by their parents, are dedicated and imaginative with their fund-raising ideas and always so generous in giving with their time and efforts.
Our vision: Through a committed partnership of school, student and the family working together, we can raise the aspirations of all of the young people in our community.